Billing & Collections Specialist
We are looking for an eager Billing and Collections Specialist to join our accounting department! The Billing & Collections Specialist responsibilities include maintaining accounts receivable ledger, performing account reconciliations, posting cash payments across all Riley Decker companies, and building customer relationships. You will also be assisting the Controller as needed and responding to information requests by management.
Responsibilities of Billing & Collections Specialist:
- Assume the responsibility of receiving and sorting incoming payments with attention to credibility
- Pull bank lockbox/ach payments for daily cash posting
- Manage the status of accounts and balances and identify inconsistencies
- Issue and post bills, cash receipts, and invoices
- Update accounts receivable database with new accounts or missed payments
- Contact new customers for invoice delivery and relationship building
- Maintain Customer relationships
- Ensure all clients remain informed on their outstanding debts and deadlines
- Research and correct all billing discrepancies in a timely manner
- Provide solutions to any relative problems of clients
- Communicate effectively with management when customer accounts are out of terms
Requirements of Billing & Collections Specialist:
- Proven experience in Billing or Collections
- Adherence to laws and best practices in regard to dealing with customers and data
- Comfortable dealing with numbers and the processing of financial information
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (particularly Excel)
- Proficiency in English
- Results-driven and patient
- High degree of attention to detail and trustworthiness
- Knowledge of MSP/VMS systems a plus
- Associate degree in finance, Accounting or BA is a plus
- Minimum 2 years of relative experience
To be successful as a Billing & Collections Specialist, you should be able to accurately maintain customer records and ensure invoices are collected in a timely and efficient manner. An outstanding Billing & Collections Specialist should also have excellent communication and attention to detail.
Why work with us?
If you are looking for a company that is passionate about developing its internal employees and changing lives apply for this Billing & Collections position today!
Your schedule would be Monday-Friday and we pay weekly!
Must live in or near the Mason, OH area or be willing to travel to the Mason area daily.
Benefits of Billing & Collections Specialist:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 15 Days PTO
- Energized environment
- Team lunches
- Team outings